Friday, January 17, 2014

My sister gives the best gifts! And I love Orla Kiely xoxoxoxo

My sister and  her family live in the UK, which totally sucks for us. To soften the blow, she's a great gift giver.... :) 

A couple of years of back she sent me Orla Kiely's Pattern book which has been much loved and much read and one of my favourite books EVER.  This Christmas she sent me Orlas's new hardcover book, Home. It's like it was made for me, I LOVE it! It features Orla's (I feel a bit silly calling her Orla, maybe Madame Kiely? Queen Kiely?) own home which is so beautifully styled, yet you can totally, totally imagine living comfortably there, as well as items that make up her gorgeous home ware range, elements of Mid -Century design that appeal to her and other fabulous homes that inspire her.

I tried to take a few snaps of the book, I'm adding them here, but they are not great. So I suggest that you get your hands on a copy, pronto. Hopefully you all have kind sisters in the UK that can send you a copy, otherwise I am sure you would be able to order them online somewhere:)

Viva Queen Kiely!


















3 comments: